Wellness Puzzle Piece: Social Health Dimension
Our social health dimension of our wellness shows up in our relationships with others. Being socially healthy means you’re able to engage with others, and develop and maintain relationships, but also able to set healthy boundaries (balancing personal and social time). You’re able to effectively communicate (especially through conflicts) and empathize with others.
What do/did you do that positively contributed to your social health?
- Calling a old friend or family member who you haven’t talked to in a while
- Participating in a friend’s birthday party
- Strike up a conversation with a new classmate
- Saying “no” to a party invitation to stay home and relax
- Communicating your feelings in a calm manner when someone upsets you