UP Youth Program Scholarship
UrbanPlay annually awards Bay Area schools and youth organizations a scholarship to bring our Youth Wellness program to communities in need during the school year.
The scholarship will provide:
Free weekly, one hour UrbanPlay sessions for 2016-2017 school year (Total of 30 sessions).
- Sessions will accommodate up to 20 kids and provide 1 coach per 10 kids
- All UrbanPlay coaches are fitness professionals with certifications in Personal Training and/or Group Fitness Instruction.
- All equipment and materials needed for weekly sessions.
- An environment where kids can discover that eating well can be enjoyable and that movement and exercise can be fun and easy, no matter what your fitness level!
The selected school/organization will be responsible for:
- Recruiting up 20 kids for the fall and spring semesters
- Securing a space (indoor preferred) where 20 kids can run around safely
Applicant Requirements & Qualifications
- The applicant must be an official representative of the school or youth organization that will receive the UrbanPlay Community Scholarship
- The school or organization serves elementary, middle school and/or high school students in East Bay (Oakland, Alameda, Berkeley, Albany, El Cerrito, Richmond)
- The school or organization will implement weekly Urbanplay sessions during school hours OR after school hours (between 3-5PM).
How to Apply
Schools and youth organizations are required to submit an online application. Application period for the 2016-2017 school year has closed. To apply for our 2017-2018 Youth Program Scholarship, please sign up on our mailing list to stay informed about our upcoming application period.Stay Connected